Academic Program Director, Full-time - Physical TherapyAustin, Texas Job ID: 958 Date posted: 08/09/2023
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at the University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include various options for health and wellness, income planning and protection, a generous paid time off policy including holidays, and professional development opportunities. See the full summary
- Provides leadership, vision, organization, processes and infrastructure for a respective program, and in concert with the University's strategic and quality improvement plan; develops and implements department's strategic plan; identifies new opportunities.
- Using the program's assessment plan, collects, analyzes, and develops improvement plans based on program metrics such as student learning outcomes, faculty workload and scholarly productivity, student satisfaction, graduation rates, licensure passing rates, employability, enrollments, etc. to assure program goals are being met; reports on outcome data as needed to various University constituents.
- Builds a culture of innovation and select those strategies that best achieve the mission of the program and its long-range plans.
- Leads curriculum development and improvement efforts in concert with other disciplines as needed.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of effective department operations including efficient workflow, achieving student learning outcomes; ensuring appropriate faculty numbers; assuring quality curriculum.
- Works effectively with other departments across the University to coordinate activities and promote change.
- Communicates effectively and fosters collaborative relationships among all campus and programmatic constituencies including students, faculty, and staff; advises students, assisting with problem solving and complain resolution.
- Participates in student recruiting efforts.
- Ensures faculty support the attainment of department and institutional outcomes as established in the Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
- Marketing and inquires; participate in marketing activities as needed.
- Coordinate scholarly project research as the student begins these endeavors, serve on committees as needed.
- Monitor and improve progression, completion and graduation rates as needed.
- Support University efforts to maintain program approval and institutional accreditation.
- Supervise, recruit and hire faculty.
- Work with instructional design teams in the development and delivery.
- Interacts with other post-professional programs for an interprofessional delivery of content.
- Participates in the teaching of the DPT program.
- Coordinates and further develops the Dissertation and Scholarly Projects process.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and team building skills in the selection, management and development of program faculty and staff.
- Utilizes standards for effective job performance evaluates faculty effectiveness.
- Mentors and develops employees to maximize individual performance, builds future organizational leadership, and enhances teamwork.
- Promotes a programmatic culture in alignment with the University's core values that focuses on the academic success of all departmental students and employees.
- Stays abreast of educational best practices, policy changes and developments that may impact the program through attendance, and developing professional relationships at professional conferences, seminars and local, state and national organizations.
- Meets scholarly goals, as identified in annual performance evaluation.
- Maintains visibility in respective professional organizations.
- Uses research and practice, theory and experience to foster professional development and student learning.
- Works closely with enrollment and admissions departments to meet projected enrollment goals.
- Based on strategic goals and quality improvement plans, establishes resource needs.
- Utilizes expected financial management practices of the University; creates a sound budget and expenses for area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages program funds responsibly and equitably.
- Leads participation in the accreditation process; assures full compliance with federal, state and accrediting body standards and regulations.
- Maintains superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Fosters a success-oriented; optimizes the health of the organization by building trust and accountability within the program and University community.
- Develops, communicates, and upholds University policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings where appropriate.
- Approves prerequisite course substitutions and transfer credits.
- Work with instructional design team to lead course development process, including hiring appropriate subject matter experts
- Collaborates with Clinical Education department to assure quality clinical experiences for students Leads curriculum development and improvement efforts in concert with other disciplines as needed.
- Serve on identified committees and councils
- Complete scholarship, service and clinical work as identified in professional development plan
- Participates in student recruiting efforts
- Works closely with enrollment and admission departments to meet projected enrollment goals
- The successful candidate must possess a Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy or a related field
- Experience teaching in the field of Physical Therapy
- Demonstrated experience as a chairperson or program director of an accredited program Physical Therapy preferred
- Current clinical certification as a Physical Therapist
- Must be licensure eligible in California, and other states as needed.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement (People Managers Only) - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership (People Managers Only) - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Hiring Ranges (Austin):
- Academic Program Director: $102,480 - $178,290
Compensation is a reasonable estimate and will be determined using the hiring range listed above and factors including, but not limited to, skillset, level of experience, education, and physical work location, to the extent consistent with applicable law.
The University is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin ancestry, disability, marital status, military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- Assistant Manager, Accessibility Services and Student Affairs Dallas, Texas; Miami, Florida; Austin, Texas; St. Augustine, Florida; San Marcos, California 09/16/2023
- Digital Marketing Specialist Austin, Texas; San Marcos, California 09/12/2023
- Academic Records Associate - Admissions Dallas, Texas; Austin, Texas; St. Augustine, Florida 09/12/2023