Associate Enrollment AdvisorAustin, Texas Job ID: 619 Date posted: 06/19/2022
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at the University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include various options for health and wellness, income planning and protection, a generous paid time off policy including holidays, and professional development opportunities. See the full summary
Associate Enrollment Advisors advise, educate, consult and support qualified potential students in achieving their professional and personal goals by enrolling in one of our higher education programs. Student leads are provided. They are monitored on things such as the quality of outbound calls, inbound calls, lead contact activity, applications, attitude, working relationships and communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students with the enrollment process, by answering questions, directing them to critical information and clarifying the admissions process.
- Thoroughly understand and be able to articulate the academic programs of University of St. Augustine and educate prospective student about the educational offerings
- Build rapport and provide guidance for students interested in obtaining a degree.
- Receive and follow-up on potential students via videoconference, phone, email, fax, and direct mail student inquiries relating to obtaining advanced degrees.
- Provide essential information related to admissions requirements and enrollment processes to prospective students.
- Assess potential applicants and determine if they are qualified to apply and enroll in various degree programs
- Qualify and advise students for various academic programs.
- Searches and analyses transcripts; determines whether transcripts satisfy prerequisite completion; records results in database; tracks and reevaluates application status as new transcripts are received.
- Consult with other admission staff and university departments to ensure an excellent student experience.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to facilitate a positive enrollment experience. This includes providing requested information or directing the prospective student to appropriate department when necessary
- Performs duties in support of University’s core values;
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art developments through attendance at professional meetings and seminars, literature; etc.
- Participate in ethical and compliant enrollment activities regarding prospective students
- Maintaining a relevant understanding of regulations associated with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) with regards to distribution of student information and ensuring regulations are always followed.
- Must be able to represent the University in a professional manner, recruit and work with a diverse community and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Continuously follow and stay updated on policies and procedures, as provided by University of St. Augustine
- All other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Enrollment Manager
Positions Supervised: N/A
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of one-year higher education, sales, customer service, account management or related experience
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators and faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent telephone skills. Possess interpersonal skills that promote relationship-building
- Possess the ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present in live and virtual settings
- Experience with student management systems and associated technology
- Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Limited travel as necessary to other work locations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Compensation is a reasonable estimate and will be determined using the hiring range listed above and factors including, but not limited to, skillset, level of experience, education, and physical work location, to the extent consistent with applicable law.
The University is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin ancestry, disability, marital status, military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- Content Developer, Physical Therapy Programs Irving, Texas; Miami, Florida; Austin, Texas; St. Augustine, Florida; San Marcos, California 01/09/2023
- University Field Representative - Student Recruitment (Remote - South Florida) Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Miami, Florida 01/06/2023
- University Field Representative - Student Recruitment (Remote - Philadelphia or Washington D.C.) Washington D.C., District of Columbia; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 01/06/2023