Clinical Education AssociateJob ID 307 Location : Austin, TX, US
Date posted 03/11/2020
The Clinical Education Associate performs a variety of administrative duties to support the Clinical Education Department’s goal of ensuring a successful clinical education experience through successful and timely selection and placement of student internships; leading to transition from classroom to commencement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all required student documentation is accurate and current; including health and admission requirements
- Works directly with central functions/clinical education to maintain accurate clinical site requirements; ensures each student meets specific requirements
- Attends classroom meetings to explain and/or distribute pertinent materials to students as necessary as a follow-up to orientation. Inform students on who their primary point of contact will be while enrolled; answers questions and provides clarification regarding student immunizations, background checks and drug screens to ensure specific requirements for clinical site
- Prepares letters, memos and other forms of communication to outside constituencies
- Works closely with students to facilitate successful clinical experiences; identifies student issues and addresses them in a courteous, accurate and timely manner
- Works directly with clinical education faculty to ensure successful student clinical experiences
- Maintains accurate student and site information in Acadaware
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clinical site personnel to facilitate student placement; maintains contact with sites to obtain information on internship opportunities
- Communicates, coordinates and confirms with clinical sites to determine internship availability and placement for students
- Maintains accurate and confidential student clinical education files in accordance with University, FERPA and HIPAA requirements
- Responds to site affiliate inquiries and questions; addresses concerns in a courteous, accurate and timely manner
- Performs duties in support of University’s core values
- Maintains databases such as Constant Contact as needed for all program
- Creates and delivers reports as requested by faculty for the purpose of student placement
- Creates and delivers reports as requested by department head
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Academic Program Director
Positions Supervised: This position has no direct reports but may manage student worker schedules and timesheets, if assigned
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma; Undergraduate degree in healthcare or business preferred
- Previous administrative/customer service experience required (preferably in secondary education or healthcare)
- Experience with database management
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to complete tasks and projects with tight deadlines
- Exhibit patience and a positive attitude in establishing and encouraging a learning environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies
- Familiarity with the needs of students and a diverse student population
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State
- Ability to travel within the United States; up to 10%
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Position may be required to travel.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Physical requirements of this position include the following:
ü Does not apply q Stooping, crawling, kneeling q Lifting up to 20 lbs.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.