Financial Aid AdvisorAustin, Texas, Miami, Florida Job ID: 698 Date posted: 01/04/2023
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at the University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include various options for health and wellness, income planning and protection, a generous paid time off policy including holidays, and professional development opportunities. See the full summary
The University’s financial aid advisor position is responsible for all aspects of the student financing process.The individual will counsel students and their families on financial matters relating to the cost of attending the university; counsel on payment options to include federal, state, private, veterans’ education benefits, military tuition assistance, payment plans and institution aid.This position requires the individual to provide a high level of customer service by working closely with admissions, enrollment, financial aid, and finance groups to ensure that prospective and continuing students/families have a complete and comprehensive understanding of the institution, cost of attending the university and how to pay for their education.
Two positions available: Austin, Texas and Miami, Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsel students/families on available funding options in accordance to their need’s assessments
- Provide a generic overview of financial aid programs available to qualifying students
- Provide a thorough overview of financial aid and veterans’ education benefits and military tuition assistance as necessary or refer the student/family to the proper subject matter expert
- Serve as a School Certifying Official for veterans’ education benefits, including completion of required training
- Advise students/families on how to best locate information necessary to complete financial paperwork successfully and to meet any deadlines
- Guide students/families through financial aid paperwork to completion
- Counsel students on all matters related to financing their education as it relates to enrollment, satisfactory academic progress, leave of absences, etc., so that students maintain their aid
- Communicate with applicants/students/families via emails, and/or phone
- Direct students/families to proper offices for information when applicable
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the university as it relates to admissions, academic advising, registrar, financial aid, and enrollment so that students/families are directed to subject matter experts as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Director, Financial Aid
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required and 3-5 years current experience working in a progressive financial aid office or similar offices.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Openet, Powerfaids, NSLDS, and Datatel/Colleague experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request to resolution ensuring a positive student experience.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Compensation is a reasonable estimate and will be determined using the hiring range listed above and factors including, but not limited to, skillset, level of experience, education, and physical work location, to the extent consistent with applicable law.
The University is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin ancestry, disability, marital status, military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- Content Developer, Physical Therapy Programs Irving, Texas; Miami, Florida; Austin, Texas; St. Augustine, Florida; San Marcos, California 01/09/2023
- University Field Representative - Student Recruitment (Remote - South Florida) Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Miami, Florida 01/06/2023
- University Field Representative - Student Recruitment (Remote - Philadelphia or Washington D.C.) Washington D.C., District of Columbia; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 01/06/2023