Legal, Compliance & Reg - Executive Administrative AssistantJob ID Req #235 Location : Austin, TX, United States
Date posted 11/16/2019
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) is currently seeking a highly-qualified, experienced, Executive Administrative Assistant to provide support to senior institutional leadership and the associated departments. The ideal candidate must be professional, proactive, discrete and able to anticipate the needs of senior leaders. This position is responsible for providing all aspects of administrative support. Candidate must be highly proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Individual will be responsible for a variety of administrative duties including meeting coordination and organization; word processing; budget tracking; data and reporting; and management of confidential information. In addition, the qualified candidate will handle incoming and outbound phone calls, expense reporting and the management of a variety of spreadsheets in support of institutional needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calendar scheduling to include coordinating, scheduling and updating of calendars across time zones and geographies; work in collaboration with other administrative assistants across the vertical to coordinate group meetings.
- Manage domestic and international travel itineraries to include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements, updating calendars with travel information and confirming reservations; conduct research as needed for travel arrangements.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the senior leader’s office and internal Departments, while demonstrating credibility, trust and support.
- Manage expense reports in Coupa system and through manual methods and submit for reimbursement.
- Provide primary support for meetings to include arranging all meeting logistics including but not limited to preparing agendas, collecting information, arranging live meetings/interactive software, video conferences, conference calls, hotel accommodations, catering, room set up, document preparation, coordinate offsite meetings and logistics, etc.
- Prepare documents such as spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, create and maintain organizational charts and compliance trackers, handle correspondence, take meeting minutes, and prepare documents as directed.
- Prepare, route, manage, and maintain employee assignment data, including but not limited to Independent Consulting Agreements, Letters of Assignment, and other special assignments.
- Prepare, process and maintain database for special reports including; invoices, check requests, time off forms, expense reports, memberships, subscriptions and other needs as directed.
- Establish and maintain an organized system for maintaining regular and confidential files and records.
- Coordinate and develop campus events and functions.
- Anticipate the needs of the institution; assume responsibility for projects and make suggestions about current processes and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering supplies and managing office equipment requests in relation to maintenance; printers, copier service calls, and other needs as requested.
- May act as the first point of contact for departmental contacts; responsible for dealing with inquiries on the phone and face-to-face.
- Manage document preparation for Board Meetings.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Senior leadership team member(s)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma, college degree or equivalent experience preferred. Secondary education or a degree in a business school, trade school or an associate degree or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 -7 years of administrative support experience, preferably at the executive level, experience working in higher education is highly preferred.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Must possess solid and advanced level skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of Visio is a plus.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter who can work both individually and in a collaborative team environment; have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong ability to multitask and handle competing priorities, solid organizational skills, customer service oriented, ability to communicate well
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening and assimilation skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to travel, as required
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.