Assistant Academic Program Director, Full-time - Speech-Language Pathology ProgramJob ID 485 Location : Dallas, TX, US Date Updated 04/20/2021
Supports the Program Director with administrative leadership for aspects of program operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement strategies to achieve goals, both locally and across the academic program that are consistent with the goals and policies of the University
- Collect, prepare and furnish outcome data and relevant information about the program as required by the University
- Participate, as requested, in Program Director Council to contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Oversee and evaluate contributing faculty in areas related to the professional program
- Supervise students of the program by dealing with student issues such as complaints, appeals, and misconduct.
- Reduced teaching workload not to exceed 0.5 FTE
- Service and scholarly activities
- Participate in marketing activities and other activities as a representative of the University
- Other duties as assigned by the program director
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilitiesthat management may deem necessary from time to time.
Position may require local driving and/or overnight travel to other campuses.
*A valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
May supervise faculty and/or student workers
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Academic Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED:Contributing Faculty as delegated
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, time management and organizational skills to faculty, students, outside constituents
- Is able to work independently with numerous projects/tasks with little or no supervision.
- Is able to work in a team environment and promote collaboration
- Models core values and takes an active role in enforcing University policies
- Demonstrates effective interactions with University support services
- Demonstrates the ability to manage change
- Has the ability to travel to off-site locations for marketing and community/professional activities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- State licensed (or eligible) therapist in academic program
- An advanced doctoral degree
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Prior entry-level therapy education teaching required; graduate level education administration preferred
- Proven organization skills
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Experience with collaboration, facilitation, and team building
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Current state license (or eligible) as a therapist in academic program
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
- Committed to Mission and Values - Has a clear understanding of institution’s mission and values. Has a passion for facilitating learning and for enabling students to navigate their own learning journey.
- Contribute Knowledge to the Discipline - Compelled by the opportunity to contribute through research, scholarship professional practice or creativity.
- Accountable -Takes personal responsibility for own goals and outcomes to ensure student success. Establishes clear expectations, follows through on commitments to students and holds them accountable for assignments and performance
- Collaborative - Works cooperatively with others across the institution and beyond, including the community and through partnerships. Represents own interests while being inclusive and fair to others.
- Communicates Effectively - Adapts oral and written communication approach and style to the audience and based on the message. Also listens attentively to others.
- Drives Engagement - Makes students feel welcome, understood and valued. Creates a learning environment that is compelling, challenging and productive.
- Academic Discipline Expertise - Has sufficient credentials, industry expertise and/or experience in the discipline to teach according to the standards and qualifications required.
- Education Design - Designs learning experiences closely linked to learning outcomes including lesson planning, design of project, work integrated, group learning experiences, or interactive learning objects. Has depth of expertise in pedagogy, andragogy and overall learning effectiveness.
- Teaching Delivery/Learning Facilitation Skills - Manages small, large, blended, hybrid and/or online classrooms, monitoring and ensuring participation, managing oneï¿½s own and studentsï¿½ time and attention effectively.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Physical requirements of this position include the following:
Does not apply
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.