Clinical Site Development RepJob ID 441 Location : Dallas, TX, US Date Updated 04/21/2021
The Clinical Site Development Representative works directly with Clinical Education Staff and Faculty to identify, select and secure new contractual clinical affiliate sites for the assigned program offering. This position is also responsible for maintaining relationships with existing affiliated sites and for clinical regional recruitment efforts that support the overall clinical education strategic plan for the University. The primary goal of this position is to acquire additional student clinical placement slots that meet student academic objectives as well as accreditation requirements.
To be successful in this position, the individual will have a thorough understanding of the assigned University academic programs, clinical placement requirements and programmatic accreditation requirements as they relate to clinical rotations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
·Identifies potential new clinical sites through marketing, attending association conferences, database research, faculty and student leads
· Initiates contact with potential new sites for clinical rotations for all assigned programs
· Qualifies sites based on University needs and requirements, and accrediting body requirements
· Builds and supports relationships with contractual sites through regular communication
· Communicates with and visits current and future sites as a means to gain preferred status with the sites
· Works with clinical education faculty and academic program leadership to help prioritize sites and may serve as a liaison between clinical sites and clinical education department
· Prepares, analyzes and submits reports to the department head
· Represents the University and department by providing information about the University to clinical sites, attending conferences/seminars and through various forms of communication
· Develops an action plan and travel itinerary for each trimester
· Coordinates with marketing for any possible joint activities
· Coordinates with other clinical site development representatives to plan appropriate and strategic site recruitment efforts for all USAHS degree programs
· Meets regularly with department head and academic program leader for assigned program to strategize and provide updates
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned by department head and program leadership
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Director, Clinical Education and matrixed reporting relationship to academic program leader(s)
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
·Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in healthcare
· Two years of experience in business, marketing, sales, or healthcare
· 1-3 years of external sales or clinical development experience with the assigned program offering area and/or geographic region
· Familiarity with medical terminology
· High level of professionalism and strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
· Self-motivated and ability to perform with minimal direct supervision
· Strong interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and stay well-organized with attention to detail
· Ability to work well under pressure and be eager to succeed in a competitive, results oriented environment
· Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators and faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other database management systems
· Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
· Reliable transportation and ability to travel (50%) within the United States as necessary. Ability and willingness to work evening and weekends and to travel overnight
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.