Director, Product ManagementJob ID Req #221 Location : Austin, TX, United States
Additional Locations : St. Augustine, FL, US; Miami, FL, US; Dallas, TX, US; Date posted 09/21/2019
The Director, Product Manager will be based in one of the following campus locations: Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Miami, FL or St. Augustine, FL. The Director, Product Management will be responsible for developing the strategic plan and setting the product roadmap for new program introductions and for enhancements to existing programs for USAHS to ensure revenue goals and budgets are met. The Director will play a key leadership role in managing implementation of the strategic product roadmap; achieving enrollment, revenue and profitability targets for new and existing products; launching new products/initiatives; managing stakeholder relationships; and establishing metrics and processes for monitoring success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development of the strategic plan and roadmap for new program introductions for the institution; resource, manage, and support the prioritization and completion of projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Champion the program management process; develop proactive, actionable methods of identifying new product introductions or improvement opportunities for existing products
- Lead the implementation, operationalization, and execution of new product launches, partnerships, and academic initiatives through close collaboration with academic leadership, operations, marketing, sales, research, regulatory, product development, and other departments
- Project manage and report actions and deliverables required to maintain accreditor compliance for assigned programs
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing program performance using both internal data (such as course evaluations and retention information) and external data (such as competitive intelligence and industry characteristics); prepare and present recommendations to senior leadership
- Develop a deep understanding of the health sciences key markets, including the competitive landscape, target segments, and student motivation and decision making; identify, recommend, and develop potential market opportunities based on this understanding
- Drive and collaborate with instructional designers to streamline and optimize the product development process for speed and efficiency; identify innovative learning technologies and platforms that appeal to target student segments and ensure positive student experience and outcomes
- Based on market understanding, collaborate with Marketing and Enrollment colleagues to develop effective lead generation, marketing, and communications strategies to achieve enrollment and retention targets
- Responsible for developing annual budgets and long-term plans in collaboration with institutional leadership
- Collaborate with Market Research and Insights to set research priorities, articulate high-level strategic objectives to guide the data collection and reporting processes, and report results to stakeholders
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Product Management
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Product Manager(s)
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree desired, (MBA preferred)
10+ years of product management or related experience
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior leadership; demonstrated ability to communicate issues and recommendations persuasively and effectively to key stakeholders
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills, as well as the ability to formulate strategic recommendations from disparate data and information sources
- Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration experience, with the ability to quickly develop and manage both internal and external relationships and contacts with diplomacy and enthusiasm
- Advanced knowledge of product and project management principles, practices, methods, and terminology:
- Financial and business analysis and data mining
- Planning, organizing, and project management
- Budget development and management
- Management of multiple, competing priorities
- Advanced critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with particular aptitude in Excel
- Must thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities; must be willing to push the envelope, embrace risk, and be extremely resourceful
- Experience working in a global environment with diverse functional and business units in large, matrixed project teams
- Travel 10-15% of the time
- Ability to transport laptop computer during travel