Director, Program StrategyJob ID 529 Location/s : Dallas, TX, US Miami,FL,US
Date Updated 06/14/2021
The Director, Program Strategy is responsible for leading initiatives within the assigned program portfolio to support the University’s vision to become the nation’s leading comprehensive health science university. This includes drafting value creation plans, diagnosing opportunities, developing strategic plans, directly implementing initiatives, as well as building capabilities within the function (e.g., documenting best practices, building advanced analytics capabilities, etc.).The Director will play a key leadership role in managing implementation of the strategic plan, program roadmap and annual marketing plan; achieving enrollment, revenue and profitability targets for new and existing programs; launching new programs/initiatives; managing stakeholder relationships; and establishing metrics and processes for monitoring success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Diagnostics and Analytics:
- Analyze market data to identify program opportunities (new or existing) in line with institutional objectives and translate observations into actionable recommendations
- Proactively develop a deep understanding of and consistently revise the outlook for assigned portfolio and related health sciences markets, including competitors and competitive landscape, target segments and student motivation and decision-making
- Conduct annual pricing review, analyzing market, regulatory and competitive influences, and prepare recommendation, including scholarship/discount strategies where applicable
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Develop strategic plans, program roadmaps and annual marketing plans for assigned portfolio
- Manage new program introductions and existing program performance; ensure programs meet planned student outcome, operational and financial metrics
- Lead the implementation, operationalization, and execution of new program launches, partnerships, and other program initiatives through close collaboration with academic leadership, student administration, marketing, enrollment, regulatory, accreditation, finance, and other departments
- Collaborate with marketing and enrollment teams to develop marketing and recruitment plans to effectively position programs in their respective markets; build lead generation and conversion plans to achieve new enrollment and student retention targets
- Develop trusting and collaborative partnership with academic leaders of assigned program portfolio
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with cross-functional program team members, from front-line employees through to senior executives
- Organize and facilitate necessary meetings (e.g., strategy, ideation, etc.) with a bias towards inspiring action and delivering results
- Project manage and report actions and deliverables required to achieve project goals and maintain accreditor compliance for assigned programs
- Employ effective project management tools and approaches (e.g. workplan development, metrics tracking) to communicate project status, ensure that critical milestones are met and decisions are made with required stakeholders
- Develop and lead implementation of resource plan required to ensure attainment of enrollment goals (e.g., faculty hiring, facilities, space, equipment, accreditation submissions)
- Own the program P&L, review monthly and recommend required actions to achieve new enrollment, revenue and EBITDA goals
- Work with Finance to develop financial models to support new program initiatives and capital investment requests; understand all assumptions driving model predictions
- Develop annual budgets and long-term financial plans in collaboration with institutional leadership
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Product Management
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree from a leading institution in an academically rigorous program
- Minimum 10 years of work experience with a focus on management consulting, corporate strategy or product marketing
- Experience in advanced analytics and knowledge of analytical tools preferred
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
- Strong storyteller with ability to put compelling presentations together for a wide range of audiences (e.g., board, executive committee, University leadership) and outcomes (e.g., act, inform, decide); demonstrated ability to communicate issues and recommendations persuasively and effectively to key stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness/business judgment but with self-awareness and understanding of limitations and capabilities
- Advanced critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis skills with strong attention to detail and ability to own projects end-to-end (e.g., frame opportunity, develop hypothesis, gather data, execute analysis and synthesize recommendation)
- Demonstrated stakeholder collaboration experience, with the ability to quickly develop and manage both internal and external relationships and contacts with diplomacy and enthusiasm
- Advanced knowledge of product and project management principles, practices, methods, and terminology:
- Financial and business analysis and data mining
- Planning, organizing, and project management
- Budget development and management
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.