Enrollment AdvisorJob ID Req #210 Location : Dallas, TX, United States
Date posted 09/10/2019
Enrollment Advisors advise, educate, consult and support qualified potential students in achieving their professional and personal goals by enrolling in one of our higher education programs. Student leads are provided. They are monitored on things such as the quality of outbound calls, inbound calls, lead contact activity, applications, attitude, working relationships and communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students with the enrollment process, by answering questions, directing them to critical information and clarifying the admissions process.
- Build rapport and provide guidance for students interested in obtaining a degree.
- Receive and follow-up on potential students via videoconference, phone, email, fax, and direct mail student inquiries relating to obtaining advanced degrees.
- Provide essential information related to admissions requirements and enrollment processes to prospective students.
- Assess potential applicants and determine if they are qualified to apply and enroll in various degree programs
- Qualify and advise students for various academic programs.
- Searches and analyses transcripts; determines whether transcripts satisfy prerequisite completion; records results in database; tracks and reevaluates application status as new transcripts are received.
- Consult with other admission staff and university departments to ensure an excellent student experience.
- Performs duties in support of University’s core values;
- Collaborate inter-departmentally to facilitate a positive enrollment experience. This includes providing requested information or directing the prospective student to appropriate department when necessary
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art developments through attendance at professional meetings and seminars, literature; etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Manager, Enrollment
Positions Supervised: None
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three years’ higher education sales, customer service, account management or relationship building experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators and faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies.
- Familiarity with the needs of international students and a diverse student population.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent telephone skills, possessing interpersonal skills that promote relationship-building
- Possess the ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with public speaking in addressing small-to-large audiences and including virtual webinars
- Ability to organize recruitment events, both on campus and virtually
- Comfortable communicating, interacting and collaborating with faculty, program directors and senior leadership, constituencies and external partners
- Experience with student management systems and associated technology.
- Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
Position may require local driving and/or overnight travel to other campuses.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
·Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
·Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
·Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
·Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
·Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
·Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Physical requirements of this position include the following:
ü Does not apply