Manager, Pro Bono and Telehealth ClinicJob ID 498 Location/s : Dallas, TX, US Austin,TX,US
Date Updated 05/12/2021
The Manager of Pro Bono and Telehealth Initiatives is responsible for developing and implementing technology rich USAHS pro bono experiences that enhance the quality of life for community members while simultaneously contributing to USAHS students’ clinical readiness through course experiences that advance care models embodying practices such as telehealth, culturally inclusive treatment models, and interprofessional collaborations. He/she will provide oversight and leadership for the delivery of quality of pro bono clinic experiences via face-to-face, telehealth, and hybrid modalities, including clinical oversight and compliance, technology, operations, staffing and resource support, curricular integration, assessment, and onboarding and training of clinical providers, faculty, and staff. The Manager of Pro Bono and Telehealth Initiatives will lead curricular integration and assessment efforts for pro bono clinic or telehealth learning experiences within courses. He/she will be knowledgeable about current telehealth policy, legal and regulatory requirements for pro bono clinic delivery, reimbursement, telehealth platforms and equipment, and market trends and ensures compliance with all.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Pro Bono Clinic Delivery Operations
- Provides vision, coordination, and collaborative leadership to develop innovative pro bono care opportunities that advance clinical excellence.
- Leads and manages pro bono clinic experiences across all USAHS campuses, responsible for the overall operations, student oversight, clinical provider oversight, and patient care in specific clinics, and in accordance with all specific state and regulatory requirements.
- Develops annual budget and expenses for approved projects; administers the budget, approving expenditures and reviewing reports.
- Leads cross-departmental teams to create, launch, oversee and deliver new telehealth services, technology, and other resources to support quality pro bono clinic experiences and care.
Clinical Oversight of Pro Bono Clinics
- Ensures standardization and compliance with University campus and academic policies and procedures across campuses and delivery modalities.
- Supervises and evaluates care provided in pro bono clinics to achieve superior clinical outcomes.
- Works with appropriate staff to develop referral networks and facilitate patient communication, coordination, and quality care and follow-up.
- Collaborates with Legal Counsel to develop and maintain legal, regulatory, and privacy policies and procedures guiding pro bono clinic operations.
- Partners with leadership and staff to ensure clinical provider, faculty, and student compliance with all University and regulatory policies through regular reporting, training, and communication.
- Acts as a primary resource for faculty to coordinate care, resolve issues or incidents with patients, and liaise with Legal Counsel when necessary.
- Partners with academic leaders, including Associate Deans and Program Directors, Directors of Curriculum Quality, and Director of Clinical Education, to integrate telehealth and pro bono experiences within and across the curriculum, and work with key stakeholders to contribute to curricular and clinical opportunities.
- Leads efforts to create, deliver, and assess interprofessional pro bono clinic experiences.
- Sets measurable goals and objectives for existing and new pro bono clinics, tracks metrics and outcomes.
- Ensures that pro bono experiences embedded within the curriculum are appropriately documented and evaluated using the adopted EMR system.
Training and Development
- Collaborates with iLIFE to develop, deliver, and continuously improve training opportunities and instructional materials available to faculty and staff delivering pro bono clinic services.
- Develops compliance, training, and curricular material for students participating in pro bono clinic course experiences.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities from time to time that management deems necessary.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Director, Simulation Education and CICP Operations
Positions Supervised: Not applicable at this time but may change as department grows
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, health professions, technology, or a related field. A Doctorate in education, health professions, or a related field strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role in an academic environment.
- Experience with online education administration and/or teaching.
- Fluency with and a record of integration of current and emergent educational technologies into teaching practice.
- Experience as faculty or working with faculty as a peer in health sciences education strongly preferred.
- Experience in simulation-based education and training, evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education and training programs necessary, or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Proven experience as clinical director or other managerial position
- Experience in clinical supervision and program management
- Experience with telehealth
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing, and performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
May include occasional travel, up to 15%, to campus locations in the U.S.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaborativelywith others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.