Project Manager (Student Experience)Job ID 457 Location : Dallas, TX, US Date Updated 04/21/2021
The Project Manager, Student Experience is responsible for overseeing the scheduling and implementation of student experience projects and initiatives at each of the five University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences campuses. Coordinating with members of the implementation teams for each project, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that schedules are set, project and resource plans are developed, deliverables meet the project schedule, expected quality is achieved, and projects are executed on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee scheduling, planning, resource management and implementation, from project initiation to final delivery, for assigned student experience projects
- Ensure student experience projects are delivered as scheduled and within budget to expected quality standards
- Oversee the scheduling, planning and implementation of programs that have been tested and proven to enhance the student experience
- Recommend project team members and identify resources required to ensure successful project implementation
- Coordinate activities of assigned project team members to ensure project deliverables are consistently met and project milestones are achieved
- Ensure project team members understand program goals and identify the communications tools best suited to accomplishing program objectives
- Prepare project plans and timelines and manage project budgets
- Hold regular project team meetings to assess project status, identify roadblocks, and encourage progress
- Provide input and ideas for project improvements and/or enhancements to improve project outcomes and the student experience
- Develop program toolkits and other assets to guide the implementation and roll-out of piloted and approved student experience initiatives
Project Documentation and Metrics:
- Develop, maintain, and update comprehensive project files including documentation of any project modifications, learnings, improvements, etc.
- Measure and report student satisfaction and other KPI’s at the conclusion of each project
- Encourage project leaders and team members to utilize toolkits, resources, and other assets for consistency and
- Maintain, revise, and update project documents, e.g. toolkits, templates, etc., as required
- Contribute to the ideation, design, and development of new concepts to improve the student experience
- Identify opportunities for concept design using input from students and knowledge of process pain points
- Assist in process analysis to identify possible pain points
- Understand the USAHS student value perception and represent the voice of the student for assigned projects
- Coach project team members to demonstrate exemplary customer service
- Develop and maintain relationships and direct communications with project team leaders and members, functional department heads, campus directors and others who contributions are critical to project success
- Coordinate with support services, e.g. marketing and IT, to provide resources and services required for program success
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Chief Experience Officer
Positions Supervised: None
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing project management or event planning experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills; can effectively use scheduling, spreadsheet and other tools to manage project schedules and deliverables
- Detail-oriented; objectives driven; capable of making decisions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, triage, and manage many project requests and initiatives simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate project team members
- Ability to measure, analyze, and act on project data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexible with regard to availability (time zones, days of week) depending on the timing and/or urgency of a particular assignment; willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Experience developing and managing a project budget
- Ability to develop in-depth understanding of the USAHS student and the student perception of value.
- Provide exemplary customer service
Ability to travel domestically, primarily to all USAHS campus locations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Is Resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Instills Trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Customer Focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Drives Engagement (People Managers Only) - Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership (People Managers Only) - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raise standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.