Senior Director, MarketingDallas, Texas, Miami, Florida, Austin, Texas, St. Augustine, Florida, San Marcos, California Job ID: 764 Date posted: 05/24/2022
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at The University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
Anyone accessing a USAHS campus will be asked to voluntarily disclose and agree to provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated* for COVID-19. *Effective Monday, February 14, USAHS will include boosters as part of its Entry Protocols.
Those who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to disclose their vaccination status will be required to submit proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test taken within seven days prior to each campus entry.The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional health care practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
The Sr. Director of Marketing willberesponsibleforbringingthe USAHS brandtolifethrough messaging, storytelling and content creation shared at allnewandexistingcustomertouchpoints.This individual will lead the development and execution of comprehensive, integrated marketing strategies and plans for the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences and its programs. The Vice President/Sr. Director of Marketing is responsible for understanding the target market and their educational needs and working with cross-functional partners to develop and execute strategies and tactics to reach the respective audience. This individual is measured on increases in brand awareness among the target market, with an emphasis on driving prospective student inquiries, conversion and retention of students. He/she will ensure that USAHS’ positioning in the market is unique for the audience and the marketing plan drives achievement of budgeted growth rates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integrated Marketing Planning
- Develop and execute comprehensive, integrated marketing strategies and plans to build awareness and reputation, achieve lead targets and support program launches
- Collaborate with academic leadership, program strategists, digital marketing, field recruitment and enrollment management to develop an in-depth understanding of the target audience and apply these learnings to build comprehensive marketing plans and program/creative briefs to reach the respective audience
- Manage internal and agency resources to complete plan deliverables, including management of annual brand marketing budget
- Lead cross-functional execution of all marketing plan initiatives, delivering marketing plan elements on time and within budget parameters; oversee development and management of collateral material and creative assets
Brand Management, Storytelling, Positioning
- Craft a compelling brand narrative and bring this to life via creative marketing and channel execution
- Define and communicate differentiators and outcomes that support premium brand position and program value propositions relevant to the target audience
- Identify and develop relevant and compelling digital media content and creative assets for social media distribution, websites and blog
Social Media Strategy
- Develop social media strategies, identifying platforms relevant to target audiences
- Develop compelling content to engage target audiences, build active communities, encourage engagement and grow brand preference
- Establish editorial calendar and direct content creation (copy/photo/video) for social media channel posting
- Monitor community engagement and reputation sentiment
Website Design and Content
- Direct website visual design and user experience
- Create content that will generate traffic, engage/influence visitors and convert to leads
- Collaborate with web developers to design page templates adhering to brand guidelines and positioning
- Create, audit and update content, including copy, photos, videos, infographs, etc.) for web pages, landing pages and blogs
Prospective Student Nurturing
- Develop and execute communication outreach strategies to prospective students through email, SMS and other channels to build brand/program awareness and influence consumer behavior
- Recommend communications flow, develop content, collaborate with Marketo team to coordinate implementation
- Collaborate with enrollment team to identify and execute outreach efforts to drive pipeline performance
Media Relations, Internal Communications
- Direct media relations resources to present USAHS to external audiences
- Oversee internal communications to faculty, staff, students and alumni
Marketing Effectiveness Evaluation and Analytics
- Set marketing channel goals:work with field recruitment, enrollment and channel-marketing managers to develop a clear marketing tactical plan and channel-specific goals (i.e., direct mail, web marketing, paid search, etc.)
- Track performance of marketing strategy through measurement and analysis of prospective student inquiries, conversion, and retention to understand effectiveness and ROI
- Measure, report and analyze all marketing activity, quantify expected results and track performance to drive business growth
Marketing Talent Development
- Develop, lead and coach a team of marketing professionals with appropriate skill set and experience to achieve marketing/business goals
- Interface with academic partners to ensure clear understanding of program elements such as admissions requirements, course curriculum, program outcomes and differentiators, and professional accreditations
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Chief Marketing Officer
Positions Supervised: Marketing Specialist (social media), Marketing Coordinator (generalist), Director of University Communications, Communications Specialist, Director of Media Relations
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 15+ years marketing management experience required
- Bachelors' degree in marketing, management, communications or related field required, MBA or graduate level education desirable
- Brand management experience with a consumer product, service, education, publishing, or media company preferred; experience with lead generation and conversion of leads into sales is preferred
- Co-Marketing, advertising, membership marketing, direct or web marketing, and marketing automation/CRM experience is a plus
- Experience in understanding market research and business analytics
- Exceptional problem-solving, strategic planning and analytic skills
- Strong leadership abilities in the areas of managing and executing marketing programs and tactics and in collaborating with cross-functional departments to achieve success
- Experience in developing marketing plans and tactics to drive lead generation, conversion and retention (including media, direct response, telemarketing, seminars, trade shows, events and on-line campaigns)
- Must be intelligent, professional, mature and well-organized
- Must have experience developing and managing a budget and understanding financial implications of marketing programs
- Experience managing and executing strategic projects, ability to understand big picture
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- A good listener, collaborator, and influencer
- Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization
- High level of enthusiasm and dynamism, functions well in a team-driven and highly creative environment
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skill
- Willingness to get involved in execution of plans – to do the work as well as plan the work
- Previous experience in the higher education marketplace is a plus as well
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Ability to travel domestically a requirement of the position
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.