Director, Alumni RelationsJob ID 417 Location/s : Irving, TX, US Miami,FL,US
Date Updated 01/15/2021
The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive engagement program designed to provide meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development, and events and programs for alumni to enhance loyalty, dedication, and support for the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership, and oversight to plan and execute the vision and strategy of the University related to alumni engagement.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and execution of alumni and student events, programs and services designed to foster a lifelong connection between alumni and the University.
- Engages alumni in the life of the University through consistent and positive communication using electronic, print, and social media, exceptional customer service, and meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development, and events and programs.
Alumni / University Engagement:
- Oversees the planning and execution of programs to enhance alumni engagement and cultivate connections.
- Establishes programs designed to add value to the alumni/University relationship, including but not limited to student mentorship, clinical education support and development, continuing professional education opportunities, etc.
- Develops and manages an effective volunteer management system that supports the objective of engaging alumni in meaningful volunteer opportunities and serving as a source for alumni talent and resources for students, faculty, and staff
- Creates opportunities for alumni to access the resources of the University in ways that enrich their personal lives and professional careers
Alumni Activities and Events:
- Develops and executes plans and activities for alumni affinity groups (academic, special interest, professional affiliations, etc.), identifies and cultivates volunteer leadership, develops strategies for the success of each group, and supports their events and activities
- Develops and executes promotional events and partnerships that raise the visibility of the University and its alumni among constituents across the country
- Identifies and launches loyalty programs providing a benefit or service to alumni to cultivate volunteers
- Oversees the selection and distribution of alumni association scholarships and awards that recognize outstanding alumni achievements.
- Represents the alumni department at alumni events
Alumni Community Management:
- Develops alumni programs and services that strengthen alumni-to-university, alumni-to-alumni, and alumni-to-student networks
- Identifies and implements the platforms and processes required to manage the alumni community and maintain regular communication and connection between alumni and the University
- Directs online content on social media platforms directed to alumni
- Manages the student and recent alumni engagement plans to build life-long connection and facilitate continued engagement and support for the University.
- Builds and maintains a comprehensive alumni database with up-to-date contact information
- Oversees the production and distribution of Accolades Magazine and its associated alumni newsletter
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with University academic and administrative leadership, including Clinical Education, Admissions, Career Services, Student Experience, Student Administration, and Marketing.
- Manages alumni budget by planning, developing and exercising approval authority for expenditures
- Monitors progress of programs against planned outcomes
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Chief Experience Officer
Positions Supervised: None
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years alumni relations experience required; experience in internal communications, public relations or a related field may be considered
- Strong verbal and written communications are required
- Public speaking skills preferred\
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate volunteers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to use broader range of technology, systems and packages, including databases
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required
- Experience recruiting, organizing and motivating teams of volunteers
- Flexible availability (time zones, days of week) depending on the timing and/or urgency of a particular assignment; willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Experience developing and managing a budget that aligns with key priorities
- Ability to maintain in-depth understanding of the USAHS strategies in the higher education marketplace.
- Ability to multi-task, triage, prioritize and manage many project requests and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature; can maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Provide exemplary customer service
Ability to travel domestically, primarily to all USAHS campus locations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Is Resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Instills Trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Customer Focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Drives Engagement - Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership (People Managers Only) - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raise standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.