Associate Program Director - Doctor of Physical Therapy ProgramJob ID 474 Location : Miami, FL, US Date Updated 04/20/2021
Works in conjunction with the Program Director in the delivery of the expansion program including delivery of the curriculum in a manner that meets the program goals, learning outcomes and consistency between the main and expansion programs. Provides administrative leadership for aspects of the academic program operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement strategies to achieve goals of the program that are consistent with the goals and policies of the University
- Collect, prepare and furnish outcome data and relevant information about the Program as required by the University
- Participate in Program Director Council to contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Oversees core and contributing faculty in areas related to the professional program.
- Responsible for overseeing and participating in the training, development, and supervision of core faculty
- Participates and leads the recruitment and hiring of contributing faculty and lab assistants.
- Oversee the local clinical education office responsibilities, policies, and organizational development.
- Interact with local facility manager, other program leadership and student services to ensure student satisfaction and seamless communication and processes across all university departments.
- Plan and participate in special events for the program.
- Assists program director with the development of the local program budget, coordinate local resources needed for classroom/lab activities, faculty scholarship, and student needs.
- Supervise students of the program by dealing with student issues such as complaints, appeals, and misconduct.
- Reduced teaching workload not to exceed .5 FTE workload
- Service and scholarly activities
- Participate in marketing activities and other activities as a representative of the University
- Other duties as assigned by the program director
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Position may require driving or travel to other campuses. A valid driver license for state of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by state.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of faculty, students and staff employees for the program and coordinating with the program director for the main program.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED:Core Faculty, Contributing Faculty, Academic Program Assistants, Student Workers
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, time management and organizational skills to faculty, students, outside constituents
- Is able to work independently with numerous projects/tasks with little or no supervision.
- Is able to work in a team environment and promote collaboration
- Models core values and takes an active role in enforcing University policies
- Demonstrates effective interactions with University support services
- Demonstrates the ability to manage change
- Has the ability to travel to off-site locations for marketing and community/professional activities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- State licensed (or eligible) therapist in academic program
- An advanced doctoral degree or terminal doctorate with proven scholarship, service and committee activities
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Prior entry level therapy education teaching experience required; graduate level education administration highly preferred
- Proven organizational skills required with excellent communication, time management and delegation experience required
- Demonstrated data analysis and student outcomes skills
- Experience with collaboration, facilitation, and team building
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION:
- Current state practice license or eligible as a therapist in assigned academic program
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
- Has a clear understanding of institution’s mission and values. Has a passion for facilitating learning and for enabling students to navigate their own learning journey.
- Compelled by the opportunity to contribute through research, scholarship professional practice or creativity.
- Takes personal responsibility for own goals and outcomes to ensure student success. Establishes clear expectations, follows through on commitments to students and holds them accountable for assignments and performance
- Works cooperatively with others across the institution and beyond, including the community and through partnerships. Represents own interests while being inclusive and fair to others.
- Adapts oral and written communication approach and style to the audience and based on the message. Also listens attentively to others.
- Makes students feel welcome, understood and valued. Creates a learning environment that is compelling, challenging and productive.
- Has sufficient credentials, industry expertise and/or experience in the discipline to teach according to the standards and qualifications required.
- Designs learning experiences closely linked to learning outcomes including lesson planning, design of project, work integrated, group learning experiences, or interactive learning objects. Has depth of expertise in pedagogy, andragogy and overall learning effectiveness.
- Manages small, large, blended, hybrid and/or online classrooms, monitoring and ensuring participation, managing one’s own and students' time and attention effectively.
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.