Admissions Credit EvaluatorJob ID Req #160 Location : San Marcos, CA, United States
Date posted 05/23/2019
Evaluates student transcripts to determine course equivalencies for Admissions purposes. Researches,determines, communicates, anddefends course evaluation decisions for USAHS prerequisites with Admissions Specialists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzesstudenttranscripts and syllabifrommultipletypesofinstitutionsandorganizationstodetermineequivalencyofeducationalexperiencetothe University.
- Providestimelyandaccurateresponsesforcreditevaluationstomaximizeenrollmentyieldof qualified candidates.
- Createstheofficialevaluationandarticulationinformationin TES (Transfer Equivalency System) and the Salesforce databasesystemstoensureaccurateand currentinformationforadmission requirements.
- Analyzesandmonitorscourses equivalencytoensure evaluationdecisionsaremadeinatimelymanner.Developsandupdatesprocedures, as needed.
- Respondstoinquiriesregardingprerequisite equivalency at the [email protected] email address.
- Monitors student files throughout the admissions evaluation process. Initiates follow-up with other admissions staff members during the admission decision process as needed.
- Communicatesandcollaborateswithinternalandexternalcustomers regardingadmissionspolicies,transferpoliciesandrelatedproceduresanddecisions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
·Strong organizational skills.
·Ability to meet deadlines and pay constant attention to detail.
·Intermediate computer skills for including word processing, spreadsheet and accounting software.Able to prioritize workload and have good time management skills.
·Professional appearance and demeanor, serving as an effective representative of the University at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
·Some college coursework from an accredited university required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
·One year of relevant work experience.
·Experience with using and querying databases.