Chief Marketing OfficerSan Marcos, California, Miami, Florida, Austin, Texas, St. Augustine, Florida Job ID: 743 Date posted: 06/06/2022
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at The University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
Anyone accessing a USAHS campus will be asked to voluntarily disclose and agree to provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated* for COVID-19. *Effective Monday, February 14, USAHS will include boosters as part of its Entry Protocols.
Those who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to disclose their vaccination status will be required to submit proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test taken within seven days prior to each campus entry.The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional health care practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) leads the teams and processes that drive enrollment growth at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) through timely and effective demand generation, lead-to-enrollment conversion strategies, brand management, and messaging/storytelling. The CMO must understand digital, social, mobile and emerging media as marketing vehicles and be experienced with integrating offline and online marketing efforts to drive brand preference and demand generation.The CMO will leverage USAHS’ sound digital foundation to drive high-quality lead volumes, track performance metrics, and maximize prospective/student engagement through each point in the decision lifecycle.The CMO will help to build an organizational culture that is grounded in analytics and insights to inform and support decisions, including those around media investments and performance, resource allocations, customer segmentation and marketing implementation.This position will involve close collaboration with the USAHS leadership team to identify strategic relationships that will profitably drive revenue and brand awareness.The ideal candidate will bring high-touch, service-oriented experience in an environment that involves considered decision-making by the consumer.This leader will have a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach and the ability to create and implement strategy, drive activation through to on-the-ground guerilla marketing initiatives, build departmental capabilities and provide exceptional team leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create integrated marketing plans and execution strategies for driving student acquisition, enrollment, and engagement, and overall market share, ultimately growing revenue and EBITDA.
- Ability to build student personas and effectively target prospective students with brand/program messaging designed to generate enrollment interest and leads
- Experience with digital and organic channels; ability to build channel strategies appropriate for reaching the target and analyzing channel performance
- Identify opportunities to expand reach to target market through alumni, institutional and academic partnerships, feeder schools, clinical referrals, etc.
- Understanding of business cycles and related analytics required to determine performance to goals
- Possess the financial acumen necessary to determine required marketing investments and resulting ROI; manage the annual marketing budget for USAHS
- Select, direct and manage external agencies and consultants
Brand Management and Awareness
- Oversee an integrated brand strategy based on key consumer insights and market research with a focus on generating measurable awareness, equity, preference and credibility for the brand.
- Develop brand/program messaging that will influence and inspire the target audience and build brand awareness for USAHS programs
- Effectively identify and communicate University and program differentiators to support USAHS premium position and create student preference for the University
- Develop social media content strategies that will engage prospective students, improve SEO and drive high-converting lead generation through organic channels
- Establish brand awareness/preference benchmarks and measure performance against them
- Serve as a brand advocate in the industry and marketplace
Website Design and Performance
- Provide strategic oversight to USA.EDU website and related properties to align with premium brand position and provide an exceptional user experience
- Develop content, design and execution strategies that drive positive performance trends measured by KPIs that may include traffic, time on site, conversion on site, bounce rate, etc.
- Establish website maintenance protocol to include regular content audits and updates
Enrollment Management (Optional)
- Lead a high-performing student recruitment and enrollment team, providing strategies and resources required to ensure lead-to-enrollment funnel conversion
- Provide leadership, direction, training and talent development support to ensure optimal enrollment team performance
- Establish expectations for funnel management and reporting, including predictive models that will help to identify issues, opportunities and areas for implementation improvement
- Develop strategic plan to maximize enrollments for all programs while planning for long-term growth
- In partnership with the enrollment management leadership team, analyze and provide insight of the enrollment pipeline in order to accurately predict future enrollments
- Invest in talent to build, lead, develop and motivate a best-in-class, accountable and results-oriented marketing (and enrollment) organization
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with program strategists, academic leadership, finance, admissions, student administration; drive business results and inspire a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team, bringing a view of the USAHS customers/students and marketplace in decisions
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Chief Executive Officer
Positions Supervised: Sr. Director, Brand and Content, Sr. Director, Media and Digital Marketing, Vice President, Enrollment Management
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bringsfunctional breadth across brand management, advertising, media planning and execution, field/local marketing, and ideally partnership marketing.
- Track record of developing and implementing a consistent, scalable brand, marketing and media strategy that is innovative and disruptive and drives short- and long-term business results.
- Track record of developing and implementing 360-degree customer engagement plans that leverage disruptive (digital, mobile and social) and traditional channels (email, direct mail, outdoor, broadcast, print).
- Savvy in experiential and digital/social engagement vehicles.
- Proven ability to harness customer insights and market research to drive results, such as brand awareness, acquisition and sales, in a measurable way.
- Proven ability to assess talent, build talent capabilities, and coach/mentor and motivate/inspire a high-performing team.
- Experience effectively working across complex organizational and geographic boundaries at every level within the company.
- Proven ability to influence others through data, insights and leadership.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree is required; MBA is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in senior level marketing roles within best-in-class, complex multi-unit, customer-centric companies that offer products and/or services requiring deliberate and considered decision making by the customer.
- Significant experience with marketing automation and CRM software (i.e. Salesforce, Marketo, etc.)
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Will require up to 30% travel to USAHS campuses in the US.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.