Clinical Education ManagerJob ID Req #130 Location : Austin, TX, United States
Additional Locations : San Marcos, CA, US; Dallas, TX, US; Date posted 04/29/2019
The Clinical Education Manager provides leadership and oversight for the development, direction, supervision and evaluation of the work of clinical education associates on all USAHS campuses. This individual will also interpret standards of practice and use the provided information and apply it to USAHS practices. As well as regulatory requirements as they relate to clinical education in the development of student requirements and actively promote and ensure the University’s goal of successful clinical education experiences are carried out.
Position may be based at any of the following campuses: San Marcos, CA; Austin, TX; Dallas, TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides direction and training to staff and students for launch of new software programs and maintenance of systems that will streamline processes and create a paperless environment.
• Oversees the effectiveness of current processes, and creates and implements changes when necessary
• Coaches and mentors clinical education associates to meet organizational metrics as well as individual and departmental goals
• Collaborates with faculty and other departments to ensure information and process accuracy as they relate to clinical education and makes necessary changes
• Multitasks and prioritizes to ensure task and project completion with tight deadlines; such as keeping orientation, CPR, portal and materials current for each trimester and ensures admissions received this updated information prior to students going out on internship.
• Quickly recognizes and resolves staff issues using clear processes and judgment
• Reach out to students to address concerns and provide guidance for resolution
• Initiates change to enhance the department’s service delivery within the University, with students and outside organizations while resolving any student placements issues or issues dealing with clinical education and students
• Creates and delivers reports as requested by faculty for the purposes of student placement and accreditation; generate weekly reports regarding student placement
• Creates and delivers reports as requested by department head
• Mentors and develops CEA employees while creating and maintaining uniformity across campuses
• Strategize and provide updates to the department head regularly on progress of projects, setting new goals and mentoring and developing
• Maintains Clinical Education Portal with up to date information
• Maintains student orientation material for all programs; keep handbook current on an annual basis to reflect dynamic healthcare industry
• Ensures clinical education handbook is kept current
• Coordinates CPR certification for CA campus; develop process for new campuses and implement for a smooth delivery
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Department Head, Clinical Education
Positions Supervised: Clinical Education Associates
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
·Undergraduate degree in related field, graduate degree preferred
·Two or more years of progressive levels of leadership, responsibility and expertise, preferably
in health science education or healthcare
·Experience supervising and managing a professional staff