Clinical Support SpecialistJob ID 458 Location : San Marcos, CA, US Date Updated 04/20/2021
The Clinical Support Specialist will provide student centered customer service and clinical administrative support to the clinical faculty and Program Director concerning all aspects of the academic clinical experience and clinical program operations. Individual will serve as the frontline and primary point of contact for studentswho are entering the clinical placement process of their academic experience, to include answering questions, clarifying processes and addressing immediate student inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary point of contact for students for all aspects of their clinical experience.
- Timely response to student inquiries; triaging and prioritizing needs, questions, and student issues related to the academic clinical experience.
- Prepare and furnish relevant information about programmatic requirements including accreditation, reporting, and student satisfaction.
- Assist with clinical faculty site visit scheduling, site development, student placements, ongoing site visits or student remediations.
- Generate reports for Associate Dean, Program Director, and/or clinical faculty to ensure all aspects of clinical curriculum requirements are met.
- Document and process academic materials related to clinical education including leave of absence, incomplete grades, grade changes, hardship requests, student remediation action plans, student evaluation of clinical sites, completion of student performance assessments, and student readiness for clinical placements.
- Coordinate clinical communication to students and clinical partners as directed by clinical faculty including student-specific correspondence and appointment scheduling.
- Collaborate with academic support departments such as Clinical Education, Student Services, Registrar and Compliance to provide the student a more comprehensive experience.
- Attend clinical-specific department meetings, prepare agendas, and record minutes and handouts for clinical continuity and consistency. Distribute minutes on a timelybasis.
- Assist in the coordination of academic clinical files for the faculty, Program Director, and Associate Dean.
- Interact with clinical faculty, staff, students, alumni, visitors or outside agencies to relay academic clinical program information regarding clinical policies, procedures and activities. This includes distributing mail, email, and telephonemessages to the appropriate clinical faculty.
- Prepare and distribute clinical surveys for students, preceptors, and clinical partners to assure program outcomes success.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Academic Program Director.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Academic Program Director
Positions Supervised: N/A
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written, including communicating with tact anddiscretion.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office products such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to maintainconfidentiality.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of one year of experience as an administrative assistant, or in a customer service role.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s degree or vocational training in office skills preferred).
- Must have excellent project management skills, the ability to manage competing priorities, and the ability to build and maintain strong partner relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public, supervisors, students, professional staff/faculty and co-workers.
- Preferred experience with Salesforce and/or EXXAT.
Position requires minimal travel within the US.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and the ability to read. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.