Director, Brand and ContentJob ID 487 Location : San Marcos, CA, US Date Updated 04/21/2021
The Director, Brand and Content will be responsible for bringing the brand DNA to life through all new and existing customer touchpoints including owning the brand's social media strategy, building content, and posting schedule that maximizes follower growth, reflects the brand DNA, and delivers engaging content. In this role, you will be the leader in all aspects of how our products are marketed – website content, student journey messaging, personalization, building influencer activation strategy and content.
Main purpose of the Director of Content and Social Media role:
A critical member of the Brand Marketing leadership team, the Director, Brand and Content is the marketing lead responsible for planning, developing and executing impactful, brand-centric content to drive long-term brand equity. This position is responsible for overseeing the creation and distribution of USAHS content across multiple social media channels as well as site integration. A creative strategist with strong execution skills who understands brand development and storytelling and will use marketing analytics and data to make decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop creative and innovative marketing strategies that create awareness and drive demand for the brand and our programs.
- Work directly with and lead both our internal creative team and external ad agencies to create small-large scale marketing campaigns.
- Own social media strategy and tactics – translate marketing strategy and brand DNA into unique content to grow followers and create brand advocates globally
- Develop content game plan for social media channels and continually evolve and adjust content strategy to meet and/or exceed metric targets including engagement, follower growth, impressions, reach, traffic, conversions, etc.
- Drive strategy and execution of brand marketing initiatives through content storytelling, ensuring a consistent brand message across multiple touch points including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, etc
- Plan and create monthly blog content for brand
- Work to maintain strong market intelligence, keeping up to date on consumer and social trends, researching the strategies of our competitors, and recommending changes to our own strategies.
- Serve as department lead for content strategy
- Provide leadership in content, creative and brand strategy across all initiatives and deliverables, across multiple channels
- Manage and mentor content and creative team and provide day-to-day direction and guidance
- Partner with colleagues and stakeholders to define content strategies
- Build content calendar and strategy to align with brand initiatives that require content and social media integration
- Monitor, measure and analyze the effectiveness of content distribution channels to enable continuous learning, program optimization
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Chief Marketing Officer
Positions Supervised: Marketing Specialist, Marketing Coordinator
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Proven experience in building a brand through earned media (social media, PR, customer advocacy, and loyalty) and paid media (macro and micro-influencer marketing, paid social, mass media)
- Proven experience leading external creative agencies on the development of all aspects of campaign creative (initial briefings, storyboards, video and static creative, etc.
- Experience with new and existing social media platforms and a technical understanding on how to generate awareness and engagement
- A great eye for branding and good creative
- A natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization
- Ability to streamline processes and develop an efficient pipeline for asset creation
- Ability to be strategic and tactical – be able to zoom in and out, both manage a team and get in the weeds to make it happen
- Identifying new trends to spark new innovative content development for organic growth
- Guide external agencies and vendors producing content
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment, handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Expert level diplomacy and professionalism with heightened common sense
- Creative mindset with strong knowledge of current social web and content development and emerging trends
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Ability to travel domestically a requirement of the position
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement (People Managers Only) - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership (People Managers Only) - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.