Executive Administrative AssistantJob ID Req #217 Location : San Marcos, CA, United States
Date posted 09/18/2019
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) is currently seeking a highly-qualified, experienced, Executive Administrative Assistant to provide support to senior institutional leadership. The ideal candidate must be professional, proactive and able to anticipate the needs of senior leaders. This position is responsible for providing all aspects of administrative support. Candidate must be highly proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Individual will be responsible for word processing, budget tracking, data reporting and creation of presentations. In addition, the qualified candidate will handle incoming and outbound phone calls, expense reporting and spreadsheets in support of institutional needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES General Duties:
• Calendar scheduling to include coordinating, scheduling and updating of calendars across time zones and geographies; work in collaboration with other administrative assistants across the vertical to coordinate group meetings
• Manage domestic and international travel itineraries to include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements, updating calendars with travel information and confirming reservations; conduct research as needed for travel arrangements
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the senior leader’s office and internal departments, while demonstrating credibility, trust and support
• Manage expense reports in PeopleSoft and through manual methods and submit for reimbursement
• Provide primary support for meetings to include arranging all meeting logistics including but not limited to: preparing agendas, collecting information, arranging live meetings/interactive software, video conferences, conference calls, hotel accommodations, catering, room set up, document preparation, coordinate offsite meetings and logistics, etc.
• Prepare documents such as spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, create and maintain organizational charts, handle correspondence, take meeting minutes, and prepare documents as directed
• Prepare, process and maintain database for special reports including; invoices, check requests, time off forms, expense reports, memberships, subscriptions and other needs as directed
• Establish and maintain an organized system for maintaining regular and confidential files and records
• Coordinate and develop campus events and functions
• Anticipate the needs of the institution; assume responsibility for projects, and make suggestions about current processes and procedures
• Responsible for monitoring and ordering supplies and managing office equipment requests in relation to maintenance; printers, copier service calls, and other needs as requested
• Act as the first point of contact for potential students and guests in the reception area; responsible for dealing with inquiries on the phone and face-to-face
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a schedule to ensure proper coverage of the front desk receptionist area across campus locations; will identify, engage and oversee supplemental workers for the receptionist function
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a high school diploma, college degree or equivalent experience preferred. Secondary education or a degree in a business school, trade school or an associate degree or equivalent experience highly preferred.
A minimum of 5 -7 years of administrative support experience, preferably at the executive level, experience working in higher education is highly preferred.
Must possess solid and advanced level skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of Visio is a plus.
Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter who can work both individually and in a collaborative team environment; have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
Strong ability to multitask and handle competing priorities, solid organizational skills, customer service oriented, ability to communicate well, excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening and assimilation skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment.
Ability to travel, as required
Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds