Financial Analyst, Academic OperationsJob ID 305 Location : San Marcos, CA, US
Date posted 03/08/2020
The Financial Analyst, Academic Operations provides finance and operations analytical support to the academic organization while working under the direction of the Director, Academic Financial Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Gather and analyze faculty payroll data, class scheduling data, and academic policies to support the implementation of best practices.
* Standardize data for reporting and analysis
* Perform analysis and establish faculty KPIs and distribute standard reports
* Coordinate contributing faculty, part-time employees and student worker assignment request and approval process.
* Optimize, automate and establish process controls and workflow for contributing faculty pay.
* Work with payroll on onboarding and payroll processing
* Work in conjunction with accounting to support the month end close process related to academic departments.
* Assist in preparing monthly forecasts for academic departments.
* Provide finance and budget expertise to assist academic budget owners in understanding financial information.
* Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual variance analysis.
* Maintain and improve current financial models.
* Assist in financial reporting requirements for accreditors, ownership and other stakeholders.
* Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
* Support the development of the annual operating plan and strategic initiatives planning process.
* Communicate financial results to academic budget owners clearly and concisely.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Director, Academic Financial Operations
Positions supervised: None
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* BS in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
* Minimum of 2 years Accounting/Finance is required, preferably in a for-profit setting or public company.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Excel skills must include pivot tables, v look ups, and advanced formulas.
* ERP Financial Systems experience preferred.
* Must have strong technical and automation skills; ability to think outside the box.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated, team player, works well with all levels of professionals.
* Ability to organize and work on multiple projects.
* Proven analytical thinking ability.
* Professional appearance and demeanor, serving as an effective representative of the University at all times.
Position may be required to travel.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.