Financial Planning, Analysis and Systems ManagerJob ID Req #178 Location : San Marcos, CA, United States
Date posted 06/27/2019
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis and Systems applies knowledge of finance best practices to improve and automate financial systems and processes using a variety of data-driven tools. The position will create reports that assess the impact of strategic financial opportunities and presents recommendations to senior management.In addition, the position will be responsible for financial software applications, including Vena, Sage Intact, and advanced Excel modeling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
·Manages Finance & Accounting systems and data, including Sage Intact, Vena, and other tools as implemented.
- Maintain technical aspects of the models by having a strong modeling foundation – hands-on expertise with data mining and statistical modeling techniques.
- Assist Manager of FP&A and Director in presenting results monthly to senior management on monthly financial forecasts and explanations of drivers.
- Write and prepare analytic reports using best practices that instruct giving trends and inform strategic decision making that will drive strategies
- Develop standardized reports/templates to appropriately enhance the representation of data as necessary
- Primary contact for Finance/Accounting Department to resolve technical issues with relating to Sage/Vena.
- Responsible for data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and resolve issues.
- Assist in Financial Planning system implementation (Vena).
- Implement a project management tracking system for all data requests out of the system to ensure successful completion and follow-through of activities.
- Lead partnership with cross-functional business teams to develop reporting for non-finance metrics.
- Analyze information and using logic and analytical evaluations to address work-related issues and problems
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Executive Director, Finance
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or business required.MBA preferred
- Seven to ten years of business forecasting and systems experience required.
- Must have experience managing, or as a power user, of financial planning systems (such as Hyperion / Oracle planning) and experience with managing complex financial data set.
- Must be flexible, able to contribute in a team environment, and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have advanced excel modeling skills.
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Hyperion, Sage Intact, and Vena preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through to resolve any outstanding issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)