Human Resources - RecruiterJob ID 536 Location/s : San Marcos, CA, US Miami,FL,US
Date Updated 06/14/2021
The Recruiter is a member of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences human resources team. This individual will engage and support the identification, pre-screening, interview coordination and onboarding process of qualified applicants to include responsibility for end-to-end recruitment and onboarding of new employees. The Recruiter works as part of the Talent Acquisition team. and coordinates closely with the Campus HR Partners on all aspects of recruitment and identification of talent for the assigned requisitions. The incumbent will play an important role in ensuring a positive candidate to employee experience by leading and/or supporting all phases of the hiring cycle.
In addition, the Recruiter will perform administrative support necessary in the hiring and selection process, provide superior client service and perform additional HR responsibilities as needed in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for full-lifecycle recruitment and onboarding of new staff, to include targeted sourcing, screening candidates, coordinating the interview process, facilitating offers, employment negotiations and the onboarding of new employees; all while ensuring a positive candidate experience,.
- Partner with Hiring Managers and Campus HR Partners to prioritize requisition workload and determine both current and future needs.
- Develop, implement and lead various recruitment strategies to source candidates in assigned areas.
- Coordinate with recruitment team members on the placement of ads/postings on various internet job boards such as LinkedIn and Indeed, as well as society and association websites.
- Coordinate with campus departments on candidate interview scheduling, including travel logistics as needed.
- Perform employment references and verifications while properly documenting in our applicant tracking system.
- Process and track background check authorizations, employee relocation authorizations and required special payment forms for any associated hiring incentives.
- Assist with onboarding of new employees.
- Prepare and organize new hire documentation to include employee file and associated accreditation requirements.
- Prepare various recruitment and HR-related reports utilizing MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel and/or Word), and track advertising expenses.
- Review and submit recruiting-related invoices to HR Operations for processing and tracking.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Director, Talent Acquisition
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Customer-focused and driven to create engaging and positive experiences for candidates and employees
- Highly organized, with excellent time-management and follow-up skills
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with strong interpersonal skills
- Maintain confidentiality when handling highly sensitive information
- Demonstrate initiative, adapt to changes in the work environment, and deal with frequent change or unexpected events and ambiguity
- Work professionally and tactfully and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner
- Manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of related professional recruitment experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Prior experience working in a higher education or university setting is highly preferred.
- Experience with recruitment of faculty, academic and student support roles or within a niche industry such as IT or Marketing is preferred.
- Must possess intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Must possess experience working with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and complete responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- AIRES and SHRM certifications highly preferred
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.