Academic Records AssociateSt. Augustine, Florida Job ID: 778 Date posted: 05/31/2022
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at The University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
Anyone accessing a USAHS campus will be asked to voluntarily disclose and agree to provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated* for COVID-19. *Effective Monday, February 14, USAHS will include boosters as part of its Entry Protocols.
Those who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to disclose their vaccination status will be required to submit proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test taken within seven days prior to each campus entry.The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional health care practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
The Academic Records Associate is a multi-functional position providing clear, accurate and concise service as a member of the document management team. Under the facilitation of the Manager, Admissions Operations and Systems, the Associate responds to inquiries by providing clear, accurate and concise information that enables resolution. This includes the processing of forms and information, follow-through and completion of processes to enable resolution within the document management team environment. The Academic Records Associate is responsible for handling student academic records-related issues, policies, and regulations.
The incumbent is required to continually develop knowledge in all aspects of registrar and admission operations and processes, policies and regulations. The Academic Records Associate works in a cooperative and supportive team environment to support clients. The Academic Records Associate is required to continually develop her/his areas of expertise and to share that knowledge. The incumbent is responsible for contributing positively to the team and to the Admissions Office through recommendations on the process, service and communications improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Academic Records Associate is required to develop and maintain expertise in multiple areas of the Registrar's Office. The areas below include a selection of the primary responsibilities:
- Student History & Transcripts
- Change of program/campus forms sent to Admissions
- Student information changes as needed for data management.
- FERPA compliance
- Duplicate ID correction
- Data integrity
The Academic Records Associate is also required to develop and maintain expertise in the following areas related to the Office of Admissions:
- Reviews all applications for completeness which includes assessing application elements against the program requirements and processing of mail (digital and conventional postal delivery).
- Data entry and integrity.
- Data base experience in Salesforce, Jenzabar, OnBase, Docusign, Web Amit, ETS, National Clearinghouse, E-scripts, and Microsoft Office.
- Applicant start date, program, and information changes.
- Completes welcome packets for admitted students.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with internal customers directly.
- Responsible for developing thorough knowledge of all academic programs, office functions and processes, and the other service areas of the University.
- Associates must be available to work overtime as required.
- Associates must be able to adapt to changing environments and remain flexible to change.
- Required to work within complex regulations and policies and be able to provide advice and guidance based on knowledge and experience with past and current regulations and policies.
- Students and potential students have individual and potentially complex issues and situations requiring initiative, judgment and a solid understanding of and ability to interpret academic regulations and policies.
- Associates will be required to complete multiple tasks at a time with demanding deadlines and under pressure.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Manager, Admissions Operations and Systems
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required with 1 to 2 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Successful experience in a systems and customer service environment.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a university or records environment.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confidence and skill with large databases and student records.
- Experience in a for-profit educational environment preferred.
- Student Information System experience preferred. Jenzabar and salesforce experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office and strong Excel Spreadsheet skills required.
- Prior work with international student populations preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.