Academic Records AssociateJob ID 503 Location/s : St. Augustine, FL, US Austin,TX,US
Date Updated 05/12/2021
The Academic Records Associate is a multi-functional position providing clear, accurate and concise service as a member of the document management team. Under the facilitation of the Manager, Admissions Operations and Systems, the Associate responds to inquiries by providing clear, accurate and concise information that enables resolution. This includes the processing of forms and information, follow-through and completion of processes to enable resolution within the document management team environment. The Academic Records Associate is responsible for handling student academic records-related issues, policies, and regulations.
The incumbent is required to continually develop knowledge in all aspects of registrar and admission operations and processes, policies and regulations. The Academic Records Associate works in a cooperative and supportive team environment to support clients. The Academic Records Associate is required to continually develop her/his areas of expertise and to share that knowledge. The incumbent is responsible for contributing positively to the team and to the Admissions Office through recommendations on the process, service and communications improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Academic Records Associate is required to develop and maintain expertise in multiple areas of the Registrar's Office. The areas below include a selection of the primary responsibilities:
- Student History & Transcripts
- Change of program/campus forms sent to Admissions
- Student information changes as needed for data management.
- FERPA compliance
- Duplicate ID correction
- Data integrity
The Academic Records Associate is also required to develop and maintain expertise in the following areas related to the Office of Admissions:
- Reviews all applications for completeness which includes assessing application elements against the program requirements and processing of mail (digital and conventional postal delivery).
- Data entry and integrity.
- Data base experience in Salesforce, Jenzabar, OnBase, Docusign, Web Amit, ETS, National Clearinghouse, E-scripts, and Microsoft Office.
- Applicant start date, program, and information changes.
- Completes welcome packets for admitted students.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with internal customers directly.
- Responsible for developing thorough knowledge of all academic programs, office functions and processes, and the other service areas of the University.
- Associates must be available to work overtime as required.
- Associates must be able to adapt to changing environments and remain flexible to change.
- Required to work within complex regulations and policies and be able to provide advice and guidance based on knowledge and experience with past and current regulations and policies.
- Students and potential students have individual and potentially complex issues and situations requiring initiative, judgment and a solid understanding of and ability to interpret academic regulations and policies.
- Associates will be required to complete multiple tasks at a time with demanding deadlines and under pressure.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Manager, Admissions Operations and Systems
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required with 1 to 2 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Successful experience in a systems and customer service environment.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a university or records environment.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confidence and skill with large databases and student records.
- Experience in a for-profit educational environment preferred.
- Student Information System experience preferred. Jenzabar and salesforce experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office and strong Excel Spreadsheet skills required.
- Prior work with international student populations preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.