Director, AdmissionsJob ID 371 Location : St. Augustine, FL, US Date posted 09/14/2020
The Director of Admissions provides leadership for the University admissions office. The Director is responsible for the integrity of the admissions process, from the time an application is completed, to the time a student is admitted, and transfer of credit is awarded. The Director is also responsible for maintaining the quality of the student body through implementing university and school admissions policies. The Director will be a key member for short- and long-range strategic planning for the University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Director of Admissions, in conjunction with the faculty and academic leadership, is responsible for designing and managing comprehensive admissions policies and procedures
- Develops and administers the University’s admission and transfer of credit policies in concert with the Chief Academic Officer, Deans/Chairs and appropriate faculty committees
- Reviews special admissions cases and requests for exceptions to policies. In cases where admissions or transfer credit criteria are ambiguous, the final determination will be made by the Academic Program Director
- Manages all official correspondence to students regarding admissions and transfer of credit
- In coordination with the Enrollment Management team, corresponds with prospective students, alumni, faculty, and others seeking information regarding academic programs offered and admissions policies and procedures in coordination with enrollment advisors and school officials
- Prepares and disseminates regular reports on the admission process and characteristics of the incoming cohorts of students
- Maintains and nurtures effective communication and partnerships throughout the university by conferring with business units and university leaders on issues pertaining to the promotion and understanding of the Admissions Office functions
- Designs, establishes and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objects
- Examines and re-engineers existing operations and procedures as appropriate
- Analyzes, designs and implements changes to computer systems and applications as required to meet the evolving needs of the Admissions Office
- Recruits, employs, trains, supervises and evaluates staff
- Oversees the admissions publication, both web and paper based, for clarity and accuracy
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the Admissions Office, and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses
- Ensure accountability of the admissions process and function and ensures collaborative partnership with enrollment function throughout the student experience
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Vice President, Student Services and Administration
Admissions Advisors, Credit Transcript Evaluators, and other Admissions support personnel
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in the social sciences or related area is required, Graduate degree in student personnel administration highly valued.
- 8+ years of university advising and university admissions experience
- Previous experience admitting graduate level students
- Successful managerial experience in admissions or related area
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Ability to develop an admissions division with a balance of academic quality and integrity with student-customer focused services
- Ability to think strategically, analyze critically and respond tactically
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Proven ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train staff, including prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures
- Knowledge of computerized student information systems
- Knowledge of transfer of credit articulation agreements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent written communication, oral presentation skills and analytical skills
- A minimum of 5-7 years of management in university advising and university admissions.
- Strong customer service/student service skills in a fast-paced, changing environment required.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.