Director, Talent AcquisitionJob ID Req #213 Location : St. Augustine, FL, United States
Date posted 09/10/2019
The Director of Talent Acquisition leads and develops a team in executing proactive, creative talent acquisition strategies to source, screen, select and onboard top talent. Partners with HR leadership and senior management to translate business needs into talent acquisition solutions. Leverages resources to achieve the effective sourcing, branding and attraction, screening and selection, hiring and on-boarding of high quality, diverse talent across the institution. Key responsibilities also include organizing, analyzing and reporting on staffing activity metrics and diversity recruitment efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall management of the recruitment staff, processes, and systems employed to respond to institutional needs for the fulfillment of staffing requirements.
- Drives an efficient, consistent hiring and selection process from start to finish, including establishing best practices in hiring process and hiring decisions, interview tools and techniques, number of interviews, routes to managers, best channels, etc.
- Leads a portfolio of senior level searches for academic and executive positions, Director level and above; experience establishing a network and pipeline of prospective candidates in the higher education space.
- Develops the capabilities of the recruiting team in the areas of effective sourcing, interviewing and assessment of candidates.
- Works closely with HR Leadership to implement departmental goals, objectives and systems that correspond with the organizational strategy; Forecast hiring needs based on business growth plans.
- Establishes outreach, sourcing and diversity recruitment programs and activities to effectively manage and provide leadership of the overall staffing function.
- Responsible for implementing effective recruitment, advertising and hiring strategies that will result in attracting and retaining qualified candidates for all staff, faculty and leadership positions; builds talent pipelines for current and future job openings.
- Researches, develops, recommends, and implements solutions for effective strategies to recruit and retain a highly qualified and motivated workforce; implements employer branding activities that highlight the university versus the position.
- Manage external partnerships with recruitment service vendors (background check, referencing, relocation, leadership assessments), as well as job boards and search firm vendors.
- Responsible for managing the ATS system and associated recruitment processes within Ceridian Dayforce; identifying areas of opportunity, gaps and ways to increase productivity, efficiency and communication with prospective candidates.
- Ensures timely metrics, status reporting, and analysis to Executive Director of HR and senior management that reflects recruitment and staffing performance in direct alignment with strategic goals; analyzes data and makes appropriate recommendations for continuous process improvement.
- Ensures recruiting and hiring practices are compliant with organizational policies, federal, state and other regulatory requirements; advises management to mitigate risk in areas of legal compliance related to recruitment.
- Keep managers informed regarding labor trends and potential impact on recruitment and retention.
- Prepare and review annual recruitment budget; specifically the plan for recruitment advertising and outreach channels.
- This position will have travel (20%) to recruitment events or remote office locations as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Human Resources
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Human Resources Staff (indirect) and Faculty Recruiters (direct)
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must have a sound understanding of HR legal issues and EEO/AAP requirements and direct application of best practices.
- Experience managing a portfolio and workbench of senior level searches while simultaneously leading the recruitment team.
- Works in a collaborative style, demonstrates confidence and moves others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, tenacity, and strong relationship building skills are required.
- Successful track record influencing and working effectively in a collaborative manner with diverse teams across all levels of management in a very complex or matrix organization.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining credibility and relationships with speed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in areas of strategic and operational need at the same time.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with the delivery of excellent customer focused results.
- Effective team and partnering skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills, superior technology skills and awareness.
- Must be proficient in MS office applications, database administration and applicant tracking systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or business related field required.
- 7-10 years of progressive Recruitment/Staffing Management experience in a multi-site environment with proven capabilities in a high volume, yet strategic focused HR environment.
- Experience in higher education and/or recruitment in an academic setting is highly preferred
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- HR Certification highly preferred
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
·Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
·People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.