Manager, Admissions Operations and SystemsSt. Augustine, Florida Job ID: 894 Date posted: 02/15/2023
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at the University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include various options for health and wellness, income planning and protection, a generous paid time off policy including holidays, and professional development opportunities. See the full summary
The Manager, Admissions Operations and Systems supports the Office of Admissions by assisting with the admission decision process for all academic programs from the time an application is completed, to the time a student is admitted and fully compliant with all admissions requirements and documentation.The Manager will be responsible for the admission process for post-professional applicants, as well as requirements that arise after students are accepted into the program, including but not limited to oversight of records and tracking, functionality of systems, and delivery of the DocuSign process.Ultimately the Manager ensures a seamless admissions experience for students that is transparent, efficient and leads to student preparedness prior to the start of the program.This is a campus-based position and is ineligible for remote work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the daily functions of the admissions operations and post professional admissions teams.
- Coach, mentor, and assist with the training and development of admissions staff.
- Assist with identification of admissions personnel to include interviewing, hiring and onboarding of new admissions staff members.
- Conduct analysis and prepare admissions reports, summarizing information on staff and incoming students.
- Assist with the development and implementation of admissions policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other teams to achieve business objectives while meeting students’ needs in support of their degree progression including campus and term start selection.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the appropriate systems to facilitate team effectiveness, including DocuSign, Salesforce, Jenzabar and other systems used by the team.
- Work collaboratively with the compliance team to prepare and update enrollment agreements for all programs.
- Screen, verify, and evaluate data on admissions applications and transcript materials, maintaining all files and record systems.
- Routinely conduct audits to ensure consistency with all applicable admissions policies and procedures.
- Recommend updates of all official correspondence to students regarding admissions and transfer of credit for review.
- Accountable for accurate and timely correspondence by team members to stakeholders regarding admissions and transfer of credit.
- Ensure admitted students have completed and submitted all required documents.
- Prepare and disseminate regular reports on team performance to include visibility of application processing and admissions decision making
- Provide insight to the Director, Admissions to inform decisions regarding:
- Updates to timely publication of records and document management policies and procedures
- Special requests and exceptions to admissions policies
- Organizational structure and staffing
- Development and management of annual budget
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to:Director, Admissions
Positions Supervised: Admissions Records Specialist, Post Professional Admissions Specialists
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of university advising or university admissions experience, specifically in admissions decisions, policy planning and operations.
- At least 2 years of managerial experience.
- Strong customer service/student service skills in a fast-paced, changing environment required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and analytical skills are essential.
- Proficiency in systems and reporting, specifically Salesforce or other CRMs and Jenzabar or other SISs.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Infrequent travel to other campuses as necessary, not to exceed 10%
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement (People Managers Only) - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership (People Managers Only) - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
Compensation is a reasonable estimate and will be determined using the hiring range listed above and factors including, but not limited to, skillset, level of experience, education, and physical work location, to the extent consistent with applicable law.
The University is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin ancestry, disability, marital status, military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- Sr. Faculty Development Specialist San Marcos, California; Miami, Florida; Austin, Texas; St. Augustine, Florida 03/28/2023
- Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Clinical Educator ; Austin, Texas; Dallas, Texas; New York 03/23/2023
- Senior Manager, Simulation Education and Operations, DPT Programs Dallas, Texas; Miami, Florida; St. Augustine, Florida 03/21/2023