Contributing Faculty (DPT)Job ID 126 Location : Dallas, TX, US Date Updated 04/20/2021
A contributing faculty member at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) provides engaging clinically-focused learning opportunities for students in the health science professions, through face-to-face, blended, and/or online delivery methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains expertise in content area
- Promotes student success through optimal student engagement
- Completes all course management requirements to meet program deadlines
- Prepares and delivers course content
- Monitors student progress; gives feedback as appropriate
- Facilitates student participation in learning activities
- Serves as student-to-university liaison
- Reports student outcomes and uses this information for teaching and learning improvements
- Assesses student performance on papers/examinations/projects
- Communicates with program director (and course coordinator if teaching a multi-section course) regarding student difficulties or issues that arise
- Ensures consistent content and testing, if a multi-section course
- Completes annual self-evaluation of teaching performance; sets goals for improvement
- Keeps course content current and as necessary, aligned with course consistency policy
- Recommends course improvements for upcoming semester
- Promotes professionalism by modeling such behaviors inside and outside the classroom setting; promotes inter-professional dialog
- Collaborates with necessary departments to support a positive team environment
- Upholds University core values, policies and procedures
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Some travel may be required.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO:Academic Program Director
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- Terminal degree preferred. Post- professional master's degree or clinical doctorate with demonstrated clinical expertise with plans to obtain a terminal degree will be considered
- Prior teaching experience preferred [could include online]
- Experience in scholarly activity preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in the area of course content required
- Working knowledge of educational theory and methodology
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree from an accredited institution or recognized by a country's ministry of education in the discipline being taught, and be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs.
- Committed to Mission and Values - Has a clear understanding of institution’s mission and values. Has a passion for facilitating learning and for enabling students to navigate their own learning journey.
- Contribute Knowledge to the Discipline - Compelled by the opportunity to contribute through research, scholarship professional practice or creativity.
- Accountable -Takes personal responsibility for own goals and outcomes to ensure student success. Establishes clear expectations, follows through on commitments to students and holds them accountable for assignments and performance
- Collaborative - Works cooperatively with others across the institution and beyond, including the community and through partnerships. Represents own interests while being inclusive and fair to others.
- Communicates Effectively - Adapts oral and written communication approach and style to the audience and based on the message. Also listens attentively to others.
- Drives Engagement - Makes students feel welcome, understood and valued. Creates a learning environment that is compelling, challenging and productive.
- Academic Discipline Expertise - Has sufficient credentials, industry expertise and/or experience in the discipline to teach according to the standards and qualifications required.
- Education Design - Designs learning experiences closely linked to learning outcomes including lesson planning, design of project, work integrated, group learning experiences, or interactive learning objects. Has depth of expertise in pedagogy, andragogy and overall learning effectiveness.
- Teaching Delivery/Learning Facilitation Skills - Manages small, large, blended, hybrid and/or online classrooms, monitoring and ensuring participation, managing one’s own and students' time and attention effectively.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
Core Ethics and Values
- Committed to Mission and Values: Has a clear understanding of institution’s mission and values. Has a passion for facilitating learning and for enabling students to navigate their own learning journey.
- Communicates Effectively: Adapts oral and written communication approach and style to the audience and based on the message.
- Drives Engagement: Makes students feel welcomed, understood, and valued. Creates a learning environment that is compelling, challenging, and productive.
- Teaching Delivery/Learning Facilitation Skills: Manages small, large, blended, hybrid, and/or online classrooms, monitoring and ensuring participation, managing one’s own and students’ time and attention effectively.
- Academic Discipline Expertise: Has sufficient credentials, industry expertise, and/or experience in the discipline to each according to the standards and qualifications required.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.