IT Front End Software DeveloperDallas, Texas, Miami, Florida, Austin, Texas, St. Augustine, Florida, San Marcos, California Job ID: 990 Date posted: 10/10/2023
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at the University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits that include various options for health and wellness, income planning and protection, a generous paid time off policy including holidays, and professional development opportunities. See the full summary
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional health care practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
The IT Front-End Software Developer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of web and mobile applications that provide a great user experience for our students, faculty, and staff. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of the entire web development life cycle, from design and analysis to testing and deployment. They will be able to develop easy to use, functional and appealing websites and mobile applications with a focus on usability and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with product owners, engineers, and customers to define requirements.
- Create quality designs, prototypes and mockups of websites and mobile applications.
- Develop, maintain, and modify websites and user interfaces using modern web programing languages.
- Develop UI elements using third party software in addition to custom web pages.
- Routinely test user interfaces for ease of use, speed and other quality factors
- Troubleshoot complex problems and resolve any defects within the code.
- Work with APIs and support web integrations.
- Create innovative tools and solutions to enhance the user experience.
- Ensure delivered solutions meet or exceed accessibility standards.
- Ensure all solutions are fully responsive and optimized for various devices.
- Build themes and templates and work with Plug-Ins for Content Management systems.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support and guidance to application users or end-users as needed.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, IT Digital Solutions
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on the performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrated a strong business acumen and the ability to work independently and across teams.
- Driven, self-starter who can collaborate across all levels and teams within an organization.
- Effective written and oral communication is a must.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies; demonstrated resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or at least 5 years of work experience in relevant field.
- Proven experience as a Front-End Software Developer or similar role.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum development methodologies.
- Experience working with content management systems, such as WordPress.
- Experience working with cloud platforms, such as AWS.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- Knowledge of internal and external DNS and applying and renewing SSL certificates.
- UX Design and/or full stack development experience a plus.
- Experience with MySQL, PHP, Python, Ubuntu, Nginx/Apache preferred.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Analytics preferred.
- Higher Education, Marketing, and Ecommerce experience a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, a plus.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions, as necessary.
Compensation is a reasonable estimate and will be determined using the hiring range listed above and factors including, but not limited to, skillset, level of experience, education, and physical work location, to the extent consistent with applicable law.
The University is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin ancestry, disability, marital status, military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- Academic Program Assistant, MS-SLP Program San Marcos, California 02/29/2024
- Assistant Director, Admissions Operations Dallas, Texas; Miami, Florida; Austin, Texas; St. Augustine, Florida; San Marcos, California 02/12/2024
- Admissions Credit Evaluator St. Augustine, Florida; Miami, Florida 02/06/2024