Student Worker - Dallas, TXDallas, Texas Job ID: 157 Date posted: 07/19/2022
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we seek innovative people that focus on supporting our learners through every stage of their educational journey. Working at USAHS allows you to put students first, while being a force for good. We believe that advancing our communities starts with a diverse employee base, so that as we interact with others, we can build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding. At USAHS, we understand how important it is to be able to come to work as your full, authentic self, bringing with you all of the experiences and ideas that are uniquely 'you'. Grow not only in your career but as a person. Be a force for good. Be the University of St. Augustine.
What makes a successful staff member at The University of St. Augustine? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Student First
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Vision and Values
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional healthcare practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
- Student first
- Promoting excellence and innovation in education
- Health and wellness
- Creative and critical thinking
As a Certified B Corp institution since 2015, we are proud to be a part of a global movement that empowers businesses to meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance and purpose. As part of the B Corp community we are committed to working toward reducing inequality, lowering levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of more high-quality jobs. As part of our family, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a wide range of community projects focused on environmental sustainability and community support.
Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Higher Education Tuition Assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Life and Accident (AD&D) Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
Anyone accessing a USAHS campus will be asked to voluntarily disclose and agree to provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated* for COVID-19. *Effective Monday, February 14, USAHS will include boosters as part of its Entry Protocols.
Those who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to disclose their vaccination status will be required to submit proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test taken within seven days prior to each campus entry.The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is the development of professional health care practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
Student Workers are selected to fill a variety of positions across the university and in several campus departments. The positions are designed to help students support themselves during their education, while teaching valuable work skills and contributing to university and departmental needs. A Student Worker is responsible for assisting the assigned team / department in a variety of tasks, project and/or research related activities, ideally in their current field of study.
The Student Worker will report directly to the Department/ Project Manager for the assignment. The student in this position will work closely with the manager to complete projects as assigned and for guidance, mentoring and supervision.
Specific Student Worker assignments include but are not limited to the following roles. If interested in one of these areas, please contact the individual listed as applicable.
Library – Support and Coverage
Contact Esther Garcia at: email@example.com
Academic – Lab Support and Room Monitors
DPT Students – Contact Dr. Thomas P. Werner at: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTD Students – Contact Dr. Keith McWilliams at: email@example.com
Student Ambassadors – Student Ambassadors, Tours
Contact Alexandra (Allie) Key at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Services – Tutors (must be referred by a faculty member)
Contact Zachary Wilson at: email@example.com
Facilities – Room Monitors and Front Desk Coverage
Contact Maelyn S. Liedke at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Sydney Connolly at: email@example.com
Working Scholars Projects
Visit myUSA for working scholar job opportunities
Essential duties will vary depending on the assignment.
REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY:
Students Workers must meet the following guidelines and requirements listed below to be eligible for hire. Students who consistently refuse or do not volunteer for assignments will be removed from the student worker program.
- Open to work a flexible schedule variety of schedules including Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays; must be available to work at least two Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays a month.
- May be required to work special events based on their availability.
- Willing to work any assigned work location.
- All students applying must meet the three requirements listed below:
- MUST have a cumulative 3.0 USA G.P.A or better.
- MUST be in good standing with the school.
- MUST have progressed further than first term. 2nd – 6th term students are allowed to work a maximum of 10 hours /week based on availability. Student Workers may work up to 15 hours per week with prior Program Director authorization and will be based on factors such as GPA and academic standing.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Department or Project Manager
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Applied knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as well as sentence and paragraph structure
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse staff and faculty population
- Ability to follow routine oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform effective customer service
- Basic computer knowledge and skills including accurate keyboarding.
- Ability to work independently, and with minimal supervision, once provided with clear instructions and guidelines.
- Organized and capable of solving issues; ability to respond to general questions and responding to routine requests for information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates must be a student currently enrolled in a graduate level degree program and progressed further than first term; 2nd – 6th term students are allowed to work a maximum of 10 hours /week based on availability.
- The successful candidate must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better on all coursework completed
- Must be in good standing with the University
- The Student Worker should plan to commit approximately 10 hours per week to this position. Student Workers may work up to 15 hours per week with prior Program Director authorization and will be based on factors such as GPA and academic standing.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.